Select Language: English | Spanish | French | Hindi | Sinhala | Portuguese | Hebrew

For those with a past criminal conviction, no matter how minor, there is a question of inadmissibility to Canada.  CLG lawyers will review your criminal record and provide an opinion as to its impact on your admissibility to Canada, whether for a visit, for business, or to immigrate there.  Usually, if the offence occurred many years ago, and if over 5 years have passed since the completion of the sentence or probation, then you may apply for Deemed Rehabilitation.  This application is a difficult process, which takes time.  But once approved, a rehab may “wipe the slate clean” for you to allow you to enter Canada.

You have an important business trip to make in Canada and you can’t wait for a rehabilitation application to be processed?  If necessary, we will help you apply for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) which will allow you to enter for a restrictive and temporary purpose, such as an important business meeting in Canada.

There are other possible and creative solutions to help you overcome inadmissibility issues, such as obtaining a Pardon or an Expungement of your charges.  CLG lawyers have training in Canadian criminal law, enabling them to make a legal analysis of your charges in a foreign country to their equivalent in the Canadian Criminal Code.  This is a critical part of the Rehabilitation application process.  And since CLG lawyers are located in offices in the U.S.A., we are often able to meet our clients in person to prepare their case.

Please contact us for further information.